Hello! I’m Manuel Pais
DevOps and Continuous Delivery Consultant
Don’t miss the chance for an early bird (30% OFF) ticket to attend my workshop on Team Design for DevOps & Effective Software Systems
I’m a DevOps and Delivery Coach and Consultant, focused on teams and flow first. I help organizations adopt test automation and continuous delivery, as well as understand DevOps from both technical and human perspectives.
Co-author of the upcoming book Team Guide to Software Releasability (expected release in first half 2018).
I am available to provide training, consulting and workshops in the areas of DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Test Automation. I am also available to speak at both private and public events.
I come from a diverse technical background which helps me understand different teams point of view in the software delivery chain.
Started off as Java developer in 2000 for online commerce, moved to build management roles both in the Telecom and Aviation sectors, embraced test automation and led QA teams until 2014.
Spent the last years helping clients adopt DevOps and accelerate their Delivery chain across a range of industries (finance, legal, telecom, manufacturing). Mostly medium to large international organizations (UK, China, Portugal).
We can take DevOps collaboration beyond IT (some call it BizDevOps) by mapping the full value stream, identifying the biggest bottlenecks today, and improving collaboration between teams inside and outside IT.
The idea that you can “just plug in a deployment pipeline” and get the benefits of CD is a common anti-pattern.
Automating security checks triggers conversations between developers, testers, and security folks. They get everyone on the same page, promote knowledge sharing, and establish common grounds and testable criteria for moving a candidate release through the deployment pipeline.
What else do you do?
I wear a few different hats besides being a consultant :)
Co-founder of DevOps Lisbon meetup.
Co-author of the upcoming book “Team Guide to Software Releasability” (expected release in first half 2018)
Tweets @manupaisable (I like to share interesting articles and light bulb moments from conference I participate in).
Blogs (not enough… it’s never enough) @medium.
- [Feb 21] “La La Land of DevOps Tools Integration” @ Madrid DevOps meetup
- [May 16] “La La Land of DevOps Tools Integration” @ Continuous Lifecycle London 2018
- Combining Speed of Delivery and Quality in Complex Systems [ Spanish ]
- Everyone is Part of Continuous Delivery [ slides ]
- La La Land of DevOps Integration [ slides ]
- Continuous Delivery in an Ancient World of Physical Devices [ slides ]
- The (Un)Surprising Truth about DevOps Culture [ slides ]
- This is a DevOps World, But It Wouldn’t Be Nothing, Without a Tester or a QA [ slides ]
- C# Cookware [ slides ]
- Build and Continuous Integration Maturity [ slides ]